About Me

My photo
I try to get the most out of life. I think of myself as happy and upbeat and I love to make people laugh. I laugh at myself, a lot. I am engaged to be married to my best friend and soulmate. That sounds cliche, but it's true. I have three wonderful kids, two cats and a golden retriever who is like another kid. I have two stepkids whom one day I hope will come to accept me as a person who loves their dad very very much.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I didn't want to, but I did it anyway.

Very often, the last thing in the world I feel like doing is exercising. There are so many other things I could be doing that require much less effort: watching TV, sitting on the computer, napping. However, none of those activities are going to help me one little bit in reaching my weight loss goal.

The thing about exercise is that, I dread doing it, but once I get started, it feels GREAT! Then I think, why don't I do this more often? The other thing is, the more you do it, the more apt you are to do it again, and become more consistent.

So, I dusted off the treadmill and the elliptical and did 30 minutes on the treadmill, walking/jogging using the incline off and on. Then I did 25 min on the elliptical on a light workout program. I say light, because it was the first of 3 levels, but it kicked my butt. I was sweating like a pig, although I have to say I liked seeing the sweat dripping off my body onto the machine. It sounds disgusting, but to me it means I'm working hard.

I was gonna do some stretching and ab work after like I usually do, but my girlfriend called and I opted to gab instead.

I thought I'd share some good getting in shape tips after every blog to help others who are trying to do this too. They are things that have worked well for me and hopefully will work for others. Some you have probably heard before, but may be worth reinforcing:

Tip #1: Drink plenty of water! Always have water with you wherever you go and just drink it all day long. I never go anywhere in my car without a water bottle. Drink during your workouts and after. If you are peeing constantly, that is a GOOD thing! It means your body is able to flush toxins out of your system. Toxins and free radicals are constantly building up in your body. Each and every one of the billions of cells need water to function properly and to keep your electrolytes balanced. I can not say enough about the importance of drinking water (sports drinks and decaffeinated bevs count too). Personally, I wish beer counted too but it does NOT!

Thanks for visiting! Comments are welcome.

Mary Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment