About Me

My photo
I try to get the most out of life. I think of myself as happy and upbeat and I love to make people laugh. I laugh at myself, a lot. I am engaged to be married to my best friend and soulmate. That sounds cliche, but it's true. I have three wonderful kids, two cats and a golden retriever who is like another kid. I have two stepkids whom one day I hope will come to accept me as a person who loves their dad very very much.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Consistency is key!

Okay, I'm back. I very much enjoyed the beautiful weather this weekend and had some good times with family and friends. Unfortunately, dieting and exercise took a back seat again. I've noticed a fairly consistent pattern that I'm gonna have to try to figure out a way to break. During the week, when I'm working, I do really well with the eating plan. I'm also on a fairly routine schedule which helps. On the weekends, I tend to want to relax and enjoy myself. Food and drink are part of that enjoyment. Then, I'm disappointed when I see the number on the scale Monday morning. DUH! It's almost like, when I'm doing good during the week, my body is just biding it's time until the weekend when I'm feeding it extra fat and calories and then it's party time for the fat cells!! I know for sure, that in order to see any kind of progress, I'm gonna have to be more consistent.

Rich and I are on our "Last Chance Diet/Workout Routine" before the wedding! He had to really twist my arm to get me to do our new Bosu trainer/DVD this afternoon. He had already done the 1 hour complete workout earlier. Of course I was glad when I finished it. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow. I'm glad Rich is encouraging me more so than he has lately. It helps to have someone motivate me when I don't feel very motivated. I am trying to fight the feeling of getting discouraged and just really try everyday to stay on track.

Here's my workout tip of the day:

Be as consistent as you possibly can. Each day may be different for you, but stay on the sensible eating plan, even if you are out and about. Try to fit in at least some exercise each day, even if it's not a full blown workout. Any exercise is better than none at all.

Yours in Health,

Mary Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment