About Me

My photo
I try to get the most out of life. I think of myself as happy and upbeat and I love to make people laugh. I laugh at myself, a lot. I am engaged to be married to my best friend and soulmate. That sounds cliche, but it's true. I have three wonderful kids, two cats and a golden retriever who is like another kid. I have two stepkids whom one day I hope will come to accept me as a person who loves their dad very very much.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Need to get back on track!

Hello friends,

I am back after not doing a very good job keeping up with my blog. There are a couple reasons for this: One, with the weather FINALLY getting nice, I like to spend every moment I can outside in the fresh air and sunshine, not inside on the computer. Secondly, I have been bitten by the lazy crazy days of summer bug and have gotten pretty lazy. As you may know, all of our exercise equipment is in the basement. Who the heck wants to go down to the "dungeon" and workout when it's sunny and 80 degrees out? Apparently not me.

Okay fine, so what is stopping me from riding my bike, jogging, walking the dog, etc. outside? Like I said, being lazy. Instead of being active, I have taken to lounging on the patio after work with my feet up and a nice cold beverage in my hand as well as a few snacks. I tell myself I deserve to relax after 8 hrs of hard work and that I'm way too tired to do anything else. And once I start relaxing, there's no turning back.

Here's the thing: I'm not losing any weight this way! I know, shocking!! So the way I see it, I have two choices: I can make my priority relaxing after work, and not watching my dieting and remain overweight, OR....I can get back on track and start exercising and eating healthy. I hate to say it, but I've even gotten to the point of trying to except my body for what it is...surrendering to the extra fat. Can you even believe that! Although I believe a healthy body image is important and you should not dwell on the negatives, I know deep down inside of me (buried under a number of layers of fat),there is a thin person dying to get out!!!!

I know what I need to do, I just need to do it!!!

By the way, my wedding is a mere month away. I know there is no way I'm going to make my goal by then, the most I can hope for is to lose a few meager pounds at the most. I know Rich will love me no matter what I weigh, but I really want to be the best person I can for him, and for me!!

Stay tuned..............

1 comment:

  1. You will get back on track, I know it! You are a wonderful person no matter what size you wear, but we both know it's better for our health to do the right things. I've done the same things as you before, and I can't keep doing that. We will win this battle! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete